Everyone knows Massimo is the love of my life, and he will be the father of my seven children. That said, even I felt like his shirtless scenes just weren’t enough to hide the fact that 365 DNI Part 2 was terrible. Yes, I watched the whole thing, because he is my man and I am going to stand by him, I’ll stand wherever he wants me to stand.
I believe the first movie -even though it was not intentional- definitely appealed to more women. We were in a pandemic, we were hopeless, scared, overeating and gaining weight. We all lived in pajamas, we hadn’t washed in days (not me, I changed mine everyday and, made sure they were matching, but that’s not the point), when 365 DNI popped up in our radar we NEEDED it.
We needed those sex scenes! Laura was a regular hard working woman with a boyfriend who wore cargo shorts, tacky shirts and played video games all day, and on top of that, he had the audacity to cheat on her. Most of us could relate, so though the acting wasn’t slap Oscar worthy – see what I just did there, just doing my part to carry on Pop Culture- the movie itself could be seen as some sort of sick fantasy, for some women, by some women I mean me! I want Massimo to kidnap me from all of my current responsibilities, and take my phone and lap top and man handle my body for hours at a time. -Insert Deep Depressing I Have Work Tomorrow SIGH Here-
The sequel was an opportunity to explain Laura’s accident and move forward into an actual storyline. Instead, the movie started with another sex scene and they introduced so many different story lines, but Massimo barely had any lines. I think Massimo said a total of 4 sentences the entire movie.
Questions that need to be answered
- What the hell happened to Mario? What exactly did he blame himself for ?
- What really happened on the bridge, how did she lose the baby and why did Massimo’s twin know she lost a baby, but Massimo didn’t know?
- This Nacho Chips character… The fuck? who is he and exactly how did he get into Massimo’s property without a control freak like Massimo realizing?
- The evil twin that could have been an interesting conflict, but he was not introduced properly and the character was never explored.
- The relationship with Domenico and Olga, where did that come from?
- In every sex scene the focus was on the women. We saw more of Laura’s breast in this movie than the first time. Massimo who showed way more ass in the first movie was covered all the time. HELLO, your demographic is women! Wait, could I be canceled for saying that? it doesn’t sound inclusive. In case the internet decides to use this line against me later, I meant no harm. I think we all enjoy seeing a well toned man’s body, and I just think we should have seen more of it, that’s all.
Even though the one hour and fifty one minutes long movie was absolutely insufferable for the first 20 minutes, if you made it that far you really wanted to see how it would end. I must also add that Massimo’s acting was actually amazing when he was playing the evil twin, but we were so lost in the trash story line that he was overshadowed. Do you guys remember the scene when Nacho Chips and Massimo were going to save Laura together, and they were walking for what seemed like an eternity? The build up to that scene was written by my dog Henry, it made NO SENSE!
In conclusion too many different stories were happening in this movie, and the story line that brought us here was abandoned. I, who subscribed heavily to the first movie, believe that this second movie can be seen as very chauvinistic. Laura was a girl with a career, a life, family and friends. She was kidnapped and stripped of everything and then put in a cage. Massimo married her and kept her at the house, with nothing to do but open her legs to him when he wasn’t in a meeting. They tossed that woman around both movies like some sort of toy. It was starting to look like the roles women used to play back when Hollywood was a lot less inclusive, wait a minute, was there a single person of color in this entire movie? JESUS CHRIST – What did we just support!
Anyways, Laura was dressed up all the time with no where to go. I just wonder if she wasn’t walking around with a sore vagina all the time, that kind of rough sex everyday can give you a yeast infection. So I’ve heard from people having this kind of sex, as I am now a reformed woman of God, I clean my bathroom, deep condition my hair and cry in my car on my lunch breaks, so I really wouldn’t know for sure.
Did you watch the sequel? What are your thoughts? comment below – Also, check out some outfit ideas I came up with while watching the movie.