Looking for something?

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Shantel sue says

Hey Lauren 👋🏼.. big fan btw
    I think that person means that most marriages not working out nowadays as to why he/she said it’s just a piece of paper. I am 23 not married hoping too one day. But I see it as something scary these days.. people don’t know what love and commitment is. Not willing to make the necessary sacrifices,full of ego, with this new technology now, things crazy. But I am hoping it will change and I will find a decent god fearing man to call husband. God bless u and baba 🙂❤️

• Clarkelove7 says

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said, EGO kills more relationships that it ever brought together. Social media has made it that much harder for people to connect on a human level. I always tell people stop looking for the perfect person and become exactly what you want, the right person will come and you’re still very young.

2. Makeeda says

Marriage is definitely not a piece of paper. If you marry the wrong person it can break you in ways you can never imagine and on the flip side if you marry the right person you’ll discover things you never think you would. Blessings 💐

3. Talika Holleman says

MY husband and I are no longer together at the moment… I still have access to what he Google’s… He was looking at Is marriage just a piece of paper… To me its not a piece of paper it a sacred vow that we both committed …. We I see that it makes me furious….

4. Sashafierce says

My understanding of marriage is ‘just a piece of paper’ is that some people cohabit, buy a house, have kids, have joint accounts pretty much do the same things as married people. In that light all that the certificate does is to formally acknowledge that already established union. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Clarkelove7 says

My Blog post is not to criticize anyone who does not want to get married its aimed at people who want to get married but they might have a partner who says it’s a piece of paper or people who are in a marriage and say that. For me personally its not just a piece of paper and I am not living with a man and doing all the traditional roles and baring a child and not be married to that man. If we’re going to do traditional things, I want your traditional last name. That’s not to say I judge people who don’t want to get married everyone can do whatever they want. I just find marriage is easier for the way I want to structure my family and grow my kids.